KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Mobile Rubber

I was at the shopping mall yesterday with my daughter. While waiting for her to finish her shopping, I went to a booth selling mobile phones to get a reload card. The salesgirl was a sweet young thing but had quite an attitude about her. They had this ad saying "Nokia 3220 Rubber, RM15.00 Only" stuck on one of the booth walls. Our conversation (in Malay) went something like this:

Me: Do you have a RM10 reload card for 019?
SYT: Yes!
Me: What's this Nokia Rubber thing?
SYT: Rubber, you know, rubber. (sounding very impatient)
Me: Oh, rubber.
SYT: It's the thing you put around it. (sounding even more impatient)
Me: Ah, I see. so, it's a new thing, and they call it "Rubber"?
SYT: Right. The reload card will be RM10.00.

I walked away from the booth, shaking my head in disbelief. I am sure her employer must be very proud of her.

6 Comments:

  • sounds like "Raba........"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 PM  

  • You could have probed further and give her a little headache plus more impatience and see what it comes to. Heehee..just kidding.

    BlogFan.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:11 AM  

  • err I though rubber is condom.

    but blog fan can be right too. Do it when you're in the mood to kacau orang.

    By Blogger Lollies, at 4:08 PM  

  • I had wanted to, BlogFan & Lollies, but I just didn't want to spoil her day or let her spoil mine. Would have been interesting though.

    LOL, Lollies and Anisah. So, the mobile is a phallic symbol now. The rubber accessory is to ensure that the users have safe, er, communication?

    By Blogger Kri, at 9:33 PM  

  • There once was a lady whose tooth was hurting, so she went to the dentist. He called her into his office; but as he put on his gloves, he could tell she was getting nervous. To calm her down, he asked, "Do you know how they make rubber gloves?"
    "No," the lady admitted.

    He said, "What you do is, you stick your hands in a big bowl of rubber and take them out again. Then you stick them up in the air and let them dry. When they finish drying, you pull off a pair of rubber gloves."

    The lady didn't say a word for several moments, then started to giggle. "What's so funny?" the dentist asked.

    The lady laughed and said, "I bet I know how they make condoms!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 PM  

  • LOL, good one, guys! I'll add that to my collection of rubber jokes. Tell me procek, how do they make those glow-in-the-dark ones, shine a torchlight at it while drying? And Derumo, is that why some women wear veils?

    By Blogger Kri, at 3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home