KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Yeeee Ha!!!

Now the old PC is on steroids. I've just upgraded from dial-up to a Streamyx account. One of the first things I did to try out this new broadband thingy was to visit Hazel's blog. Of all my favourite links listed on the right column there, she's got the slowest loading site due to, I think, the large graphics and the live link to her favourite music.

And hey presto! The Lake Gardens scenery appeared in a blink and the music came right on! Wow, that was really fast, huh? Usually when I was on dial-up, I would just wait for the stop button to appear to kill the intermitten streaming music so that the rest of the site could download. Otherwise I would just grow old waiting to read how the kids had been treating her.

However, despite the broadband hype on fast internet access, they did take their time (10 days!) to process my application and install the necessary hardware on my PC. Wonder if that is a glimpse of what I should be expecting of their service?

9 Comments:

  • It is better than dialup. You will got used to its strength and weaknesses by and by.

    By Blogger Bustaman, at 11:24 PM  

  • streamyx comes from the word stream meaning a small river or creek.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

  • u have to wait for 10 days..i had to wait for 2 bloody months (pardon my french)

    By Blogger atiza, at 2:00 PM  

  • Ten bloody months is a long 'period'!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 PM  

  • ..and make sure your modem x kena lightning! ...nak repair by Telekom, the 'subcontractor' to TMNet, take ages...masa tu hang dah 'addicted' to broadband...gian lah!....hee..hee.hhee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:04 PM  

  • despite what the critics say, streamyx is amazing, i have been on it for over a year now with little problems.The guys at TM are just regular guys like us, we are not much better than them.They are quite helpful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 PM  

  • yes, broadband is amazing and as mentioned by anonymous, you will definitely miss it if you don't have access

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 PM  

  • Oh yeah, yeah! Got my first bill today.

    By Blogger Kri, at 6:53 PM  

  • Kri, it is wise if you invest some money buyimg a surge protector to protect your modem.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home