KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Coffee, Toast and English

Have you ever stopped at the Tapah R&R heading north along the PLUS Highway? I did last Wednesday and had coffee and some toast at one of the foodstalls. It's the first one at the southern end, operated by a couple of ladies who don't really fit in as hawkers. They actually looked more like school teachers or office workers. The 40-ish woman who served me coffee had a woolen sweater on to fend off the night chill. Her business partner manning the cash register was wearing a baju kurung that wouldn't look out of place in an office or a lecture room.

More pleasant surprises when I went to pay for the coffee -- they spoke English! To each other, to me, to the customers, even to my bus driver!

1 Comments:

  • Kri,
    Hey....you're back. I thought you've given up blogging.
    Isn't it nice to be served by different faces once in a while. I wonder if they are working on some research papers or something.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home