KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Marrying Time

We were in KL Saturday before last, attending SM Nordin's son's wedding. It rained but the afternoon was enjoyable; the food was great and there were some great company as we got to catch up with some of my old classmates.
We? Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know some of you guys have been jabbing persistently about it in the tag-box. I hope you people are happy with the next papragraph.

I went there with Tiff and she was pretty excited about it because it was the first social function we attended as a couple. So excited that she went there wearing her headscarf the wrong way up. Luckily, the taxi driver missed a turn and that gave her ample time to do a quick-change act.

Back to the wedding. SM and wife, Rahimah, looked resplendant in their traditional dresses but I could sense a father's apprehension behind his face, then clean-shaven for the day, as it was the first wedding in the family. I could really relate to that as I have a grown-up son myself.

Later that day, we went to see my daughter, Dana, at Sogo where she worked as a salesgirl and wished her good luck as she was leaving for Kelantan that night to get her SPM results. Well, the girls haven't met one another before and Tiff needed to get some casual clothes anyway. (Dana obtained 8 A's as we found out the following day.)

After dinner, we went to watch my son, Reza, perform at the Curve, One Utama. Couldn't hear a word he said (or sang) but we sat through the whole gig. As I sat there watching him on stage, my own apprehension just faded away in sighs of relief. Rock singers are simply not the marrying kind, are they? There's no wedding, no daughter-in-law, in the works -- not just yet. I hope.

Except my own?
p.s.
Do come back and I'll tell you about the "we/us" stuff.
I think it's about time I do that.

6 Comments:

  • Kri!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!! I am so happy for you!

    Semuga berbahagia hingga ke akhir hayat... Amin. :)

    By Blogger Honeytar, at 1:38 AM  

  • ps. cepat2 sambung cerita! ;-)

    By Blogger Honeytar, at 1:39 AM  

  • ".... removed by the blog adminstrator" kah kah kah hang tersilap delete ka

    aniwae, this is my text...

    I thoroughly enjoyed myself that weekend. SM son's wedding was fun, Dana is cute and Reza is great with his gig. Abah tak rock la... well... I guess he just has to get used to the loud music he he

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 AM  

  • Nice family KRI. And congratulations to Dana for doing extremely well in her SPM

    By Blogger Count Byron, at 7:12 PM  

  • Its about time!
    Next time you are in KL, give me a buzz.

    By Blogger Bustaman, at 12:03 AM  

  • I sure will, Pok Ku. That last trip was kind of rush-rush, trying to be at several different places within a short time.

    By Blogger Kri, at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home