KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Monday, December 20, 2004

Finding Mahsuri :: Final Part

That's it. The quest for Mahsuri has ended. Yep, the mission has been officially terminated. Sorry, Hazel and the rest of you who had been rooting for the (happy?) ending of the story. Maybe at 50, I'm getting a bit too old for this mushy lovey-dovey stuff.

Right after the first visit to Langkawi, I had been trying to arrange another fishing trip without success. It would have been much easier if I were to go on my own but for some reason I didn't. I have always been a lone operator in matters like this but this quest is the exception. Maybe I needed that extra excuse to haul my butt up there.

When I finally managed to round up all the guys, the trip was postponed from one week to another several times. The latest one was planned to be on last Saturday; even that was nearly postponed again when four of the guys backed out. The rest of us had a meeting and decided to share the cost and go anyway.

Then the impossible happened -- I had to withdraw at the eleventh hour. On Friday night I received an urgent call to attend a meeting down south. I hopped on the first available express bus on Saturday. I only informed one of the guys by SMS when I was safely out of Sungai Petani to avoid any serious repercussions from them.

On the bus I managed to really look at the situation and decided that it has been too much trouble to take just because of one girl who lives on an island. What if she doesn't even care what I had to go through just to chat her up? Maybe there is no Mahsuri for me there on Langkawi. Maybe she lives somewhere else. Maybe she doesn't even exist.

Sorry that it has to end this way. But here I am -- living happily ever after.

4 Comments:

  • Do not give up.
    50 is not the menopausal age for a man.
    The lady to be need not be from Langkawi. She could be lurking somewhere else (even in Singkir Darat) blissfully unaware that she is going to be Kri's wife.

    By Blogger Bustaman, at 10:06 AM  

  • Of course it's not, Pok Ku :). Yeah, perhaps she moved to another island, he he.

    By Blogger Kri, at 9:36 PM  

  • Kri, do not give up! You men can go on forever!

    By Blogger Honeytar, at 11:00 PM  

  • :) Who said anything about giving up? Just following a little 'diversion' so pls don't worry, Honeytar.

    By Blogger Kri, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home