KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Thursday, December 02, 2004

What a Way to Go Down

I have always been a big fan of Sharifah Aini. I like her evergreen songs, I like the way she pronounce the words in her songs. I like the way she talk especially when she speaks in Malay. She sounds so sophisticated. But she was dragged to court on Wednesday over those alleged nasty emails sent to another singer, Siti Nurhaliza.

If the late Saloma were still alive today, she'd probably be thrilled to bits at the news that made the front pages yesterday. I remember that Sharifah once said she'd never end up poor like Saloma (or something to that effect), hurting the latter's feelings in the process.

We'll just wait for the verdict and see if old Karpal (or Shafee, whichever she may engage to represent her) would be of any help. Meanwhile, I'll just continue to adore Inul Daratista. No bitching, no controversy (of this sort, at least); just plain good music and amazing dance moves. Long live Dangdut Koplo!

2 Comments:

  • In the course of my work, I have met both of them (in Kota Bharu). Allahyarhamah Saloma is far more humble and friendlier.
    Inul started in what we would call "fun fair" and graduated to her own live TV shows. She remained humble and agile.

    By Blogger Bustaman, at 11:18 AM  

  • :) Very agile, Pok Ku. Mr Gus "Fancy Shorts" Dur would agree, I think.

    By Blogger Kri, at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home