KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Situation: Back to Normal

Ramadan certainly can do funny things to semi-retired blog writers. I am being too general but it certainly did funny things to semi-retired blog writing me. Any attempt to string together a short sentence that would make any sense would definitely trigger a hidden automatic shut-off switch -- not on the PC but somewhere in me, and I would find my face in collision course with the monitor screen or the keyboard. I have been lucky because I was able to snap out of it just before the impact, so no damage done to the computer accessories so far.

To avoid churning out worse rubbish than what has already been written on this blog, I decided to lay off for a while during the fasting month. But Ramadan is gone and now I'm back to normal i.e. with ample sugar, caffeine and nicotine running in my blood. And as usual, I am at a loss for words...

There are two things on my mind right now. One is to take up T A Bustaman's offer to lend me his Inul Daratista VCDs and the other is to take a trip to Langkawi tomorrow. The former is one of my crazy vices (there aren't many, mind you) and I am a diehard fan of Inul's, er, athletic endeavours. After T A Bustaman, of course. He has the VCDs, I don't. That should put us in the same league with former Indonesian president Megawati's husband, who was caught practising his dangdut moves with Inul backstage and the preacher who hung Inul's poster on the wall of his mosque in appreciation of her artistic contribution to society.

The latter too is one of the crazy things I do once in a while. I'm not letting the cat of of the bag yet but I think I may have something interesting to report when I come back.

2 Comments:

  • Heheh. Please let me know when you are coming over.

    By Blogger Bustaman, at 11:26 AM  

  • Pok Ku: I'll get in touch with your contact here in SP.
    Tiff: Inul rocks, I mean, bumps and grinds! :)

    By Blogger Kri, at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home