KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Hug your Mother

Caught up with Cikgu Poi recently. I used to train in martial arts under him when I was (a lot) younger. Something he said hit me in the gut. Religion taught us that mankind came from the earth, and of course, to earth we shall return. That, he said, makes planet Earth our mother. And we refer to that mass of soil and everything in and on it as Mother Earth.

But, Poi continued, have we ever spared a kind thought to our Mother? Have we ever prayed for her? Have we ever treated her like good sons and daughters should? She gave forth a part of her when the first Man was created, and she keeps on giving and giving ever since to sustain us. And we in turn keep on taking everything we can from her -- causing alot of damage in the process.

Wow! I have never thought of it that way. I think I'll say a little prayer for Her tonight. I am going to meditate on Her and send her some some positive healing energy. Hopefully she'll know that there's still a son who still care.

1 Comments:

  • When I was a kid,my late father taught us to greet the nature everytime we step outside. As soon as the right foot hit the ground,
    "assalamualaikum wahai bumi"
    lookup to the sky "assalamualaikum wahai langit/matahari/bulan/bintang"
    "assalamualaikum wahai pokok-pokok"
    "assalamualaikum wahai ulat-ulat dalam tanah," and so on.
    I'm still doing it, and have to add snow in my greeting now.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home