KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Friday, July 23, 2004

Murder in My Eyes

I'm screaming bloody murder today. It's in my mind and it shows in my eyes. See? For two days on end, I went on a killing spree that'll even make my friend Jack (the Ripper, remember?) shiver in fear! Here's what I did:

1. Caught a tiny little mouse yesterday.  A gang of mice have been terrorising my house for months causing a lot of damage to the household. They gnawed through electrical wires, the pantry cupboard netting; they turned over bottles and smashed them on the floor; they made funny cut-out designs on my daughter's jeans and t-shirts, etc. etc. And here was this tiny little mouse caught in the trap -- somebody or something needs to be made an example to show that I'm not taking all this nonsense lying down!

So, I threw the tiny little mouse into a tub of water, trap and all.

2. Last night, my Mom mixed some left over food with rat poison -- no, it wasn't for me as I wasn't home until after midnight -- and put the lethal mixture at some strategic places all over the house. Strategic, so as to prevent me from stepping all over them. Woke up this morning and another four mice, big ones, with their bellies up in the air. Four down and counting...
So I gave them all a decent burial, no tell-tale trace that will implicate yours truly in this "counter measures" !

3. Caught another biggie, it's the monitor lizard that has been taking advantage of unsuspecting cute young chicks (of the feathered kind) in the neighbourhood. Most of my Mom's chicken never survived their, well, chickhood. One or two of them would be missing each day and this big guy was the culprit responsible. He was always too fast for me but today he got himself stuck in some netting while trying to get away. What got me all worked up was he was still sticking out his tongue at me. Sheesh! With a heavy piece of wood, I gave the metre-long lizard two hard blows (the second one just to make sure) on the head and he was history.  Well, another burial was in order.

So, lizards and mice of the world: Don't mess with me! Boy, was I mean or what?


2 Comments:

  • I remembered trapping rats in my parents' house using ikan kering as baits. The next morning, my grandma usually put them under the hot sun for them to die. Till now, I think I'd rather them die of rat poison - no prolonged pain and I didn't have to throw 'baked' rats out *yuck*. Although I remember once or twice I let the cute little mice out at the nearest plot they used as pasar malam.

    Wonderful blog, by the way.

    By Blogger lion3ss, at 3:19 PM  

  • Welcome to my humble blog, Lion3ss :). Sigh! I'm fighting a losing battle against these pesky rodents. Tried being nice to them by using cute nicknames and various terms of endearment as suggested by the elders: "Leave us alone, o Cik Ti!" They probably laughed their little heads off at that.

    By Blogger Kri, at 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home