KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Friday, April 22, 2005

Shall we dangdut?

Yesterday wasn't meant to be another ho-hum day for me. Definitely no! A much awaited package arrived with two Inul Daratista CDs in it courtesy of Pok Ku, the Retired Retainer. He had to endure throbbing gums at the Post Office counter just to let me have these CDs and I appreciate that very much. Thanks a bundle, Pok Ku!

I thoroughly enjoyed the videos. Mbak Inul never ceases to amaze me with her goyang abilities -- the gyrations and grinding moves unique to dangdut performers. I really must pry Pok Ku away from his busy schedule and ask him to teach me some of those dance moves. Now I am considering if I should go and see her perform live on May Day in KL.

When performed in pairs, the male dangdut moves seem easy enough. All the male partner has to do is float and hover beside the female partner, who does all the energetic bumping and grinding. Hey, isn't that what relationships are all about -- make them do all the hard work!

3 Comments:

  • ermmm are you sure you are up to the gyration and grinding moves and still have everything intact? ermmmmm..... perhaps you'll to try to dirty dancing or tango first.. they much slower and equally erotic too.. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 AM  

  • In the "Inul:The Early Years" cd, there is one pygmy who dances well (by pygmy standard) but he is very distracting. Get someone with a "lastik" ready and get him off the stage the next time you screen the vcd.

    By Blogger Bustaman, at 8:12 PM  

  • No Tiff. Dangdut is sexy perhaps, but definitely not erotic.
    I think you're jealous of the little guy, Pok Ku. He was lucky to have a first hand feel of those awesome grinders. :)

    By Blogger Kri, at 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home