KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Monday, September 20, 2004

Class of '72 Reunion

It has to be my best weekend ever. I attended our annual class reunion at the Bukit Merah Lake Resort near Taiping, Perak on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed the gathering. I have not been attending all the recent reunions, so there was a lot of fuss and laughter during registration. Everyone is turning 50 this year so we have some problems recognizing each other, what with added beards, wrinkles, pot bellies and reduced hair, teeth, and eyesight.

Many of us stood outside the reception to welcome new arrivals. A friend, who had registered earlier, and I had a lot of fun guessing who the guys were and many couldn't quite place me because of my gray beard and darker skin tone. That went on until all attendees were duly registered and I still couldn't remember what this guy's name was (but were afraid to ask).

It was during dinner that night and after much table-hopping that I found out his name was Iskandar! So while having a puff on the lakeside deck that night I confessed to him that I couldn't recall what his name was until just then.

And if we weren't too old for pranks, I would've ended up in the lake!

3 Comments:

  • Hi Kri,
    Must be fun meeting up with old buddies and recalling those days..I can imagine the excitement.

    Blog Fan.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:37 PM  

  • Heheh.. during our reunion (SSSS Class of 61) the part that we laughed the hardest was getting arrivals to guess who everyone is. Most couldn't remember and the guffaws would come after being told of the person's name.
    We had the first one in Marang Safari Resort. No dunkings. There were rumors that there were crocs in the river.

    By Blogger Bustaman, at 11:49 PM  

  • Class of '61! OMG, you must be from the first batch, Pok Ku. I'm from the 11th batch and in 1961, I was just starting out in Darjah 1! The committee have set up our own "Network 11" for members to keep in touch on-line and ITRW. Would be great if we can link to other senior and junior batches later.

    By Blogger Kri, at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home