KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Shopping in Peace

Went shopping with my youngest daughter, Dilla, yesterday. Schools are re-opening after a week's holiday and she had a long shopping list. Her sister, Dana, stayed at home to pack but she too had her own long shopping list which she merrily stuffed in my pocket.

First stop: the toiletries section. Both of us walked in, each with a list in hand. Have I told you people before that I hate supermarket promoters? I hate them. I know they are just doing their jobs, earning a decent living and all, but I still I hate them.

I really get pissed off when they follow me around trying to convince me to buy the products they are representing instead of the one I have in mind. I would like to have the freedom of being swayed by their other advertisements -- printed, electronic, whatever -- and I prefer to read the labels myself and come to a buying conclusion on my own.

It would be understandable if they are introducing new products, but those shelves are filled with established and well-known brands!

Anyway, the evil side of me took charge of the situation yesterday and I had a great time giving them the snub. Everytime one of the girls approached me with their well-rehearsed sales talk, I just showed them the list and told them: "No thanks! I'm going by this list" and you'll be amazed at how quickly they went away.

Even when one of the older ladies was giving a lecture on skin care to a very attentive Dilla, I interupted by telling her: "You already know what causes pimples and blackheads; just stick to your list." So, bye bye Ma'am, no offence meant.

The rest of our shopping trip went on rather smoothly and I think even Dilla enjoyed choosing which variety of the things she set out to buy. Isn't that what shopping is all about?

1 Comments:

  • Krissmann,
    Having more boys and only 1 girl, err..I think shopping for the girl is much easier. She'll agree on whatever I think is cute for her but is a headache getting things for the boys. So, after 14, I just give them the money to buy their own stuff as long as they bring back something decent. Anyway, just ignore the sales-hungry ladies & they'll stop tailing you. Sorry for the late comment.

    Blog Fan.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home