KRI LEARNS TO BLOG!

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Found: Azlan Adnan

Cyberspace is indeed a small and weird place. Some years ago, I managed to track down some long lost relatives. I found a name that looked familiar while surfing the 'Net and I shot him this email: "Roslan, if your mother is so-and-so and your father is so-and-so, then I'm your Uncle." That started a series of emails from Mercedes and Houston and I was glad I was able to convey to them of Hassan's passing in October, 2001.

Then I started blogging and I love reading other people's stuff. Following the links on their blogs, I came across a very wicked blog written by a guy I met briefly when I was working in KL. As it turns out, every member of the family blogs too! I found out later that we both like Inul Daratista (oh, she's just a girl, you don't have to know who she is or what she does best) and that he was my senior at school in Ipoh. Very much senior; very small world.

And following links on his blog, I came across this guy: Azlan Adnan. I met Azlan once in KL through a mutual friend, Zabri, ages ago. Through Zabri, I have borrowed one of his books which I have been keeping with me ever since. Not because I like to keep other people's things (although I wouldn't mind keeping this one) but because I don't know where they are. I have been moving around so much that I simply lost all contact with both of them.

I'm going to email him tonight: "Azlan, I've got your book..." and see if he freaks out.

4 Comments:

  • It is indeed a small world. It is exactly what Internet is supposed to do and I am glad.

    By Blogger Bustaman, at 8:40 AM  

  • And through him, I found another old friend. Incredible thing, this Internet.
    -- kri--

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:11 PM  

  • Thanks for returning the book, which arrived safely last week.

    Glad you found Dikh.

    Keep in touch.

    Would it interest you to know how YOU can be part of the American International Group (AIG) and be professionally trained to build a profitable insurance business?

    ASK ME!

    Azlan Adnan
    012-383 1324

    P.S. I dun think I freaked out, did I?

    BTW, google me and you can see I have an extensive web presence. I have more hits than Asha Gill at Google and that's saying something.

    By the way, my dating site at

    http://geocities,com/azlan088/toc

    is quite popular. I get loads of responses.

    By Blogger (",)azlan::~~~, at 7:54 PM  

  • No, you didn't freak out AA. After all, it wasn't a long lost relative as in Jejak Kasih. A dating site? That's interesting; will look it up sometime.

    By Blogger Kri, at 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home